Walter’s Gasoline Museum

Local Organizations DefaultWalter’s Gasoline Museum teaches the public about the history of Marshall, Calhoun County, and the state of Michigan. The museum features photos of the Marshall Interurban Railroad that ran through downtown Marshall and a map showing all of the routes once used by interurbans in Michigan. Also on display is a mural on the outside of a building across the parking lot from the museum; the mural depicts the railway station, depot, and first gasoline station in Marshall.

The museum’s collection includes gasoline artifacts and Marshall area memorabilia, and pertains to the Historic Marshall Interurban Railway.

Hours

May 1-Oct 1: Sat-Sun 1-4pm, also by appointment and during city events. Call (269) 781-4654, ext. 562 to make an appointment.

Address

220 W. Michigan Ave.
Marshall, MI 49068

Contact

Richard Walters, Jr., Owner & Collection
(269) 789-2562
dwalters@waltersdimmick.com

 

Historical Society of Michigan 5815 Executive Drive Lansing, MI 48911
Email hsm@hsmichigan.org | Phone (517) 324-1828 | Fax (517) 324-4370

Designed by MATRIX and hosted by H-Net
Martrix logo