Historical Society of Michigan Moves to New Office

July 6, 2010

LANSING—The Historical Society of Michigan announces its move to new quarters effective Wednesday, July 7, 2010.   Located at 5815 Executive Drive on the south side of Lansing, the new office offers needed space for the Society and its subsidiary, Michigan History Magazine L3C, to better serve its members and subscribers as well as accommodate the organization’s program and growth needs.

Located approximately one mile north of the Cedar Avenue exit on Interstate 96, the new HSM office features 6,000 square feet of space and includes an education room that can accommodate workshops and lectures plus space for the Society’s Michigan history library collection.

“HSM relocated to the Lansing area nearly ten years ago” commented Executive Director Larry Wagenaar.  “While we were fortunate to team up with the Michigan State Medical Society which offered us leased space for the past decade, our growth over the past 3-4 years has pressed us well beyond what we can accommodate in our former location.  We are excited to be able to make this move, which will allow the Society to continue to focus on our mission to produce quality publications, grow our educational programs, put on outstanding history conferences, provide awards and recognition programming, and continue to enhance our commitment to provide support to local historical organizations statewide.”

Phone and fax numbers will remain the same for both organizations along with all other contact information aside from our new address.

The Historical Society of Michigan, the state’s oldest cultural organization, was founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and explorer Henry Schoolcraft.  For more information visit www.hsmichigan.org or email hsm@hsmichigan.org.

 

Historical Society of Michigan 7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing MI 48917
Email hsm@hsmichigan.org | Phone (517) 324-1828 | Fax (517) 324-4370

Designed by MATRIX and hosted by H-Net
Martrix logo