Will you help tell the story of the Great Lakes State?
Did you know that your support can keep Michigan history programs and publications affordable and accessible? As you continue to enjoy our programs and publications, consider donating to the Historical Society of Michigan. Your donation of any amount will ensure that the Historical Society of Michigan (HSM) can continue to tell the stories of the Great Lakes State.
As our gift to you, you may choose a free book for your donation of $50 or more. A special additional gift is available for higher donations. Learn more about the gift options!
Respond now by making a gift online or calling (800) 692-1828.
Thank you in advance for helping HSM bring understanding of our state’s history to more and more people each year!
P.S. Many of our donors are choosing to give smarter and save on taxes through gifts from their donor advised funds, IRAs, or gifts of stock. You can also include HSM in your will to sustain history education long-term. Call or email us if you’d like more information to get started!
How Your Donation Helps
The HSM Update, or annual report of the Historical Society of Michigan (HSM), is a great way to explore our organization and see how your support aids and impacts our mission to further history education throughout the state. The 2022 edition is hot off the press—check out all of the programs, initiatives, and more that our organization has been up to for the past fiscal year!
Filled with highlights of our programs, publications, nonprofit endeavors, and history education, the HSM Update celebrates the work of our team and the honors the valuable contributions and participation of our members and friends. It also includes a list of our valued donors and supporters. An expanded list of donors will be available here in the coming weeks.
Your Donation Helps Support...
- The popular Michigan History and Chronicle magazines, as well as The Michigan Historical Review academic journal.
- Our year-long Michigan History Day® academic competition—National History Day in Michigan—which caters to thousands of students in grades 3 through 12 all over Michigan.
- HSM's three annual conferences throughout the state
- Support for local historians and history organizations through History Skills Workshops® and Michigan History Alliance® networking meetings
- Our history recognition programs, such as Michigan Heritage Home™, Michigan Centennial Farms, the Michigan Milestone Awards, and our history awards.