Lesson plans have been created to provide more detailed activities that can be used in the classroom or at home. The lesson plans amplify the magazine’s content and present additional information that enhance the students’ learning experiences.
How can I find lesson plans for a specific topic, issue, or standard?
1. Check out the links below to see a list of Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE) for each grade level and any stories, activities, or lesson plans that align with each GLCE. You can also view time periods if that helps during your planning. You can even download the document to your computer so you can search, sort, and organize for you.
2. Use the search feature at the bottom of page. This is the best way to search if you want to see the lesson plans for each issue.
Tips for finding lesson plans:
- Use the Filter Category Name box to search by keywords or topics.
- Use the Grade Level Content Expectation box to search by a specific standard.
- Use the Issue Number box to see all the lesson plans associated with a specific issue. Click here to see the list of issue numbers.
Animal Groups & Family Names Lesson Plan
Students will learn some of the group and family names scientists use for animals. They will conduct research on a specific animal and share that information with classmates. Students will use the information from the research presentations to complete the Animal Groups & Family Names online activity.