Hone your skills with our educational workshops
Learn more about a particular topic or hone a skill from experts in different historical fields
Our History Skills Workshops® are training opportunities for historical organizations and interested history advocates to gain skills that can be applied in museums, organizations, and personal collections. Check out our list of upcoming workshops and learn more about our program below.
Or call (800) 692-1828
A Benefit of Membership
Did you know that HSM members receive discounts on all of our programs, including History Skills Workshops? Get the most out of your learning experience and save with one of our popular membership plans. And it's not just discounts—in addition to savings on all of our workshops, members also receive our two magazines and other benefits and perks.
- Workshops are $49 for members and $89 for nonmembers (price includes a one-year HSM membership)
- Doubleheaders offer a pair of morning and afternoon workshops of a similar theme, or you can register for the individual workshops
- Workshops will be virtual until further notice
- Registration closes the day prior to the workshop. "Walk-ins" are welcome to register by calling (800) 692-1828
- Instructions for joining the virtual meeting (and any handouts) will be sent to registered attendees one day prior to the scheduled workshop
Get the most out of Michigan's history
If you're considering attending one of our workshops, or have participated in a previous one, we encourage you to check out our HSM membership program. With significant discounts to all of our workshops and events, the membership is a great way to save and enjoy all of our additional history content. All HSM members receive event discounts, free access to weekly History Hounds® live lectures and previously recorded lectures, both Michigan History and Chronicle magazines, and more.